Excess water content leads to shrinkage cracks. A non-proper mixture of concrete materials will also cause problems. This will seriously trouble for the building in the future. This can be avoided by following the below 4 tips.
Did you know the concrete in the slab structure shrinks which can cause cracks in the slab?
Factors that cause Shrinkage cracks:
- High cementitious materials content
- Low water-cement ratio.
- High concrete temperature
- High air temperature.
- Low humidity.
I will tell you how to avoid shrinkage;
- Always remember concrete should not be poured while the shuttering is dry. Shuttering should be wet before pouring the concrete.
- Secondly, it is better to do the concrete placing in the morning or the evening.
- Thirdly, Protect the concrete from the wing and harsh sunlight while placing the concrete and also while letting it set. You can use tarpaulin sheets to cover the concrete.
- Don’t let the concrete dry. Concrete should be done from time to time.
These were some tips to avoid shrinkage cracks.
Don’t hesitate to contact our team. Our team receives special training to ensure that you get all the answers from us you. Get a free consultation from our team.