Excess water content leads to shrinkage cracks. A non-proper mixture of concrete materials will also cause problems. This will seriously trouble for the building in the future. This can be avoided by following the below 4 tips.
Did you know the concrete in the slab structure shrinks which can cause cracks in the slab?
Factors that cause Shrinkage cracks:
- High cementitious materials content
- Low water-cement ratio.
- High concrete temperature
- High air temperature.
- Low humidity.
I will tell you how to avoid shrinkage;
- Always remember concrete should not be poured while the shuttering is dry. Shuttering should be wet before pouring the concrete.
- Secondly, it is better to do the concrete placing in the morning or the evening.
- Thirdly, Protect the concrete from the wing and harsh sunlight while placing the concrete and also while letting it set. You can use tarpaulin sheets to cover the concrete.
- Don’t let the concrete dry. Concrete should be done from time to time.
These were some tips to avoid shrinkage cracks.
Our construction cost is 1800 Rs/sqft
Don’t hesitate to contact our team. Our team receives special training to ensure that you get all the answers from us you. Get a free consultation from our team.